Aer Lingus Baggage Policy: Checked Baggage, Carry-on Baggage
Passengers booked long-haul flights and need to carry their stuff. Baggage policy becomes crucial for travelers. If you are booking Aer Lingus and worried about the Baggage guidelines, here is everything shared that you need to know before making the reservation. Aer Lingus Baggage Policy: A complete guide for your help. Passengers can buy the space at the time of booking tickets till they check-in for the flight. Scroll down to read more.
Aer Lingus Checked Baggage
Here are the terms and conditions that you need to keep in mind if traveling via Aer Lingus:
- Travelers who booked Plus, Advantage & AerSpace fares can carry one free checked bag without paying any fee. After that, you need to pay additional charges for extra luggage.
- Economy Savers fares travelers are required to pay the extra amount for checked baggage. Generally, the amount depends on the destination and how the flight is booked at the airport and online.
- Passengers can share up to 20 kg of checked baggage when traveling with the same booking and check-in together. But the pooling isn't permitted for free 10 kg checked luggage and within the dimensions: height 55cm (21.5"), width 40cm (15.5"), depth 24cm (9.5").
- Passengers are entitled to buggy/ stroller free of charge if flying with an infant. Moreover, you can carry items such as car seats, booster seats & travel cots without bearing any expenses.
- The guidelines are applied if you make the reservation directly from the airline. In the case of a travel agency, you need to talk to the travel agent.
What is the maximum size that can be carried on Aer Lingus?
The luggage size can't be more than 158 cm, and the weight can't exceed 32kg. Check the prices that you need to pay for the luggage:-
If you are buying the 20 kg space while making the reservation and choosing the saver fare, check the price shared below:-
- Near Routes: $ 26
- Mid Routes: $ 43
- Far Routes: $ 60
Suppose you feel the need to buy the luggage space around 20 kg after booking, check the Aer Lingus Baggage Fees for Saver fare:
- Near Routes: $ 29
- Mid Routes: $ 45
- Far Routes: $ 61
At the airport
Travelers flying with Saver fare have to buy the 20 kg space, check the Aer Lingus Baggage allowance mentioned below:-
- Near Routes: $ 37
- Mid Routes: $ 53
- Far Routes: $ 70
For other fares, check the website or contact the Aer Lingus contact number for more price details.
Does Aer Lingus permit the free carry-on baggage?
According to the Aer Lingus Baggage Policy for carry-on baggage, passengers can bring 10 kg of weight. Suppose you don't choose the "carry-on bag with priority boarding" while buying tickets. In that situation, you must drop the bag at the check-in counter. You don't have to pay for the services; you have to collect it on arrival at the carousel.
You will be charged around $ 10 if carrying on board when you choose the "carry-on bag with priority boarding" which allows you to carry the bag in the overhead locker onboard. Baggage fees are non refundable. Customers can't upgrade a bag to a higher weight at the departure.