Air Canada Baggage Policy, Fees: Complete Guide
Suppose you are traveling with Air Canada and want to know about the Air Canada baggage information like- baggage allowance, extra baggage charges & how to add baggage after the booking. You will get all the information here. Here is your detailed guide to Air Canada baggage policy and fees; you must read the information carefully.
Whenever you travel from one destination to another, please check the airline allowance and bring the baggage according to that. You should know about the Air Canada baggage policy; here is the information. Kindly read it carefully-
- The airline allows the passenger to bring one carry-on baggage and one personal item per passenger for free. The baggage size should not exceed the weight and the dimensions of the baggage.
- The baggage weight and size should be 46 linear inches or 118 centimeters, including the handles and wheels.
- The airline allows the passenger to bring food, medical, and other items, which should be properly packed and labeled.
- You can bring sports and musical instruments according to the airline's allowance. Otherwise, you need to pay the charges.
- The airline does not allow passengers to bring hazardous and sharp items. You cannot board your flight if the airline gets any hazardous and sharp items. Please check what items have been restricted on the airline.
Do I have to pay for my luggage on Air Canada?
Yes, but for the second baggage. The first baggage is free of cost. Suppose you travel with the economy class within Canada or have comfort and flex fares. The Air Canada baggage fee for the second baggage is $50.00 to $60.00. This is the approximate cost of the baggage fee. The baggage fee will depend on your baggage weight and dimensions.
How do I add the baggage after booking?
You want to add the baggage after booking because you forgot to add the baggage. You can add the baggage after the booking through the manage booking option, customer support option or at the airport. You can use any of the methods to add the baggage. Here are the details about the methods to add the baggage after the booking:-
1. Use the manage booking to add the baggage
The airline offers the manage booking option. This is the online and the simplest method for adding baggage. To add the baggage through the online option, you can follow the given steps carefully-
- Open web page of Air Canada.
- Drag your cursor and click on manage my booking option.
- Choose the booking that you want to add the baggage.
- Now, click on the baggage option.
- Add the baggage with the required details and click on the submit option.
- Get confirmation from the airline representative on your registered officials as soon as possible.
Speak with customer support
Passengers who want to add baggage can speak with the airline representative on the customer support option & their baggage will be added within a few seconds. Follow the voice menu carefully and get connected with the representative.