What is the American Airlines food policy?
American Airlines offers thousands of flights daily to more than 350 destinations in more than 60 countries. American Airlines' loyalty program, AAdvantage, is one of the largest in the world. Members earn miles for every flight they take, which can be redeemed for free flights, upgrades and other rewards. Also, it can proffer a variety of in-flight amenities, including free snacks and drinks, Wi-Fi & entertainment offering special services for passengers with disabilities, passengers with children & passengers traveling with pets.
Moreover, American Airlines offers various in-flight food and beverage services to meet the needs of all passengers. Whether traveling in First Class, Business Class, or Main Cabin, you will find something you like. Consequently, With some restrictions according to the American Airlines food policy, AA allows passengers to bring food on their flights.
Here are the general rules:
- You can bring food in your carry-on bag as long as it meets the TSA's requirements for liquids. Any liquid food must be in ounces or less, and containers fit inside a one-quart clear plastic bag.
- You can also bring food in your checked bag with no restrictions on the size or quantity of food.
- American Airlines offers complimentary snacks and drinks on most flights but the selection may vary depending on the length of the flight and the destination.
- You can request a special meal in advance if you have special dietary needs such as a nut allergy or a gluten free diet. American Airlines offers a variety of special meals, including vegetarian, vegan, kosher & halal.
- Food that is prohibited by the TSA such as powders, gels, and aerosols is also prohibited on American Airlines flights.
- In addition to the standard meal and snack services, American Airlines also offers a variety of special meals such as vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and kosher. These meals can be requested up to 24 hours before your flight.
- American Airlines also offers various à la carte food and beverage items which can be purchased on board the aircraft. These items include sandwiches, salads, wraps, snacks & alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Pack perishable food such as fresh fruit or vegetables, in a cooler or insulated bag.
- You can bring alcohol on American Airlines flights but some restrictions exist. You can bring up to two liters of alcohol per person, and the alcohol must be in unopened containers.
- Meal service is typically offered on flights over 2 hours in length. However the exact time of meal service may vary depending on the flight schedule.
- Special meals can be requested up to 24 hours before your flight. To request a special meal you can do so online by calling American Airlines customer service or speaking to a gate agent.
- À la carte items can be purchased on board the aircraft. The price of à la carte items varies depending on the item.
- American Airlines offers a variety of food and beverage options to their passengers depending on the class of service and the length of the flight.
- American Airlines also offers a variety of special meals for passengers with dietary restrictions which you can request up to 24 hours before departure.
- A mid flight snack service is typically offered on flights over 5 hours long. The mid-flight snack service typically includes cookies, fruit & nuts.
How does American Airlines provide In-flight food services?
American Airlines offers various in-flight food & beverage services depending on the class of service you are traveling in, as per the American Airlines flight food policy. Thus, to learn about it, ensure to read the content below simply.
1. First Class: First Class passengers receive a full meal service including an appetizer, main course & dessert. They also have access to a wide selection of alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages. In First Class and Business Class, passengers receive a more extensive meal service. Meals are prepared by some of the best chefs in the world and feature fresh, seasonal ingredients. Menus vary depending on the flight but may include appetizers, entrees, desserts & wine pairings.
2. Business Class: Business Class passengers receive a more minor meal service than First Class but it still includes a choice of main course and dessert. They also have access to a wide selection of alcoholic & non alcoholic beverages.
3. Main Cabin: Main Cabin passengers receive a snack service, including pretzels, chips, cookies and fruit. They also have access to a limited selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. In addition, passengers on flights over 250 miles in Main Cabin will receive a complimentary snack and a choice of soft drinks, alcoholic beverages or coffee. On flights over 500 miles, passengers will also receive a complimentary meal. Meal options vary depending on the flight but may include sandwiches, salads, pasta dishes & desserts.
American Airlines will also offer a mid-flight snack service if you are traveling on a long haul flight. This service typically includes snacks like cookies, fruit & nuts. Furthermore, contact the AA person at 1 (800) 433-7300.