Details about Air New Zealand compensation policy
Air New Zealand compensation policy: However, the airline is ready to compensate you if you still have to face any trouble during or before the flight departure. This guide will inform you about how & what you can do to get compensation from Air New Zealand.
Air New Zealand compensation policy
- The passenger must read Air New Zealand's compensation policy before applying for it. To know the terms & conditions for the compensation, read the points below:-
- If the airline reschedules the flight without prior notification to the passenger & due to this a passenger misses their flight. The airline is ready to compensate in such cases.
- If a flight has been canceled for a technical reason which the airline is directly responsible, the airline will compensate its passengers for such cancellations.
- If a flight is delayed for more than 3 hours than scheduled time, the airline will compensate its passengers by providing them snacks, meals & accommodation for their stay.
- The passengers are supposed to notify the airline within 7 days of any damage to the items in their luggage & the airline will compensate the passengers for the damaged items.
- Your luggage is entirely the responsibility of the airline. They will pay you back for the value of the baggage if they misplace it.
When can I apply for compensation from Air New Zealand?
Passengers who have traveled with Air New Zealand & have faced any inconvenience have a right to apply for compensation. There are certain situations which are mentioned below:-
1. Baggage lost and damaged - if a passenger has lost their item on the flight or noticed damage in their items. They can apply for compensation from the airline for the loss.
2. Missed or Canceled flight - If your flight is canceled for a technical reason or they have shifted the timings of the flight without informing you. You are eligible to apply for compensation from Air New Zealand.
3. Flight Delayed - Passengers who have booked their travel with Air New Zealand & their flight is delayed for more than 3 hours. They have a right to cancel their flight and apply for compensation.
How do I apply for compensation at Air New Zealand?
Air New Zealand tries its best to provide the passengers with the best & on-time facilities and service. However, they may still lack sometimes & in such situations they suggest passengers read the policies for compensation and if they are eligible for it, apply for the compensation through the below given process:-
- Go to official website of Air New Zealand.
- Locate the "Manage my Booking" & provide passenger's last name and PNR number in suggested box to get booking details.
- Now move to menu & tap the Compensation option to get a form.
- Complete the form, mention the reason for the compensation & describe it in the comment box and attach bills and receipts.
- Submit the form and relax the airline will initiate the compensation amount after the formalities.