What is Southwest Airlines 24 hours flight cancellation policy?
Southwest Airlines 24 hours flight cancellation policy: Southwest Airlines is the world's largest low cost airline, headquartered in Dallas, Texas. Passengers often find it difficult to cancel their flights and save themselves from paying heavy cancellation fees. If you are also thinking about canceling your Southwest Airlines flight without paying a hefty sum of money then you should be aware of the 24 hour free cancellation policy of Southwest Airlines. If you are wondering about Southwest Airlines flight cancellation policy 24 hours. Then, you should read this blog thoroughly to get the answer.
Every airline has a mandatory 24 hour cancellation policy where the passengers have the freedom to cancel their flight within 24 hours of reserving their ticket free of any cancellation fees. The 24 hour cancellation policy provides flexibility to passengers to modify their flight as per their preference. All of the passengers can benefit from this policy. To know more about the eligibility criteria & limitations of this policy, please visit the official website of Southwest Airlines and read their terms and conditions on the information page.
How to know if I am eligible to cancel my Southwest Airlines flight?
Now the question arises whether or not you are eligible to benefit from the 24 hour cancellation policy. To know about the eligibility criteria of Southwest's free cancellation policy, follow the below pointers:-
1. Every passenger, regardless of the class of travel and ticket type, all are eligible to benefit from the 24 hour cancellation policy.
2. It is essential to cancel the ticket within 24 hours of booking; even a minute delay can result in not getting a full refund of your ticket.
3. Travelers who have booked their flight tickets from the official website of Southwest Airlines, through an app or by calling the customer service executive of Southwest Airlines are only eligible for a refund of their ticket.
4. Passengers who have booked their tickets from any third party source are advised to contact the agents to raise a refund request.
5. To benefit from the 24 hour cancellation policy, a passenger must have booked their flight ticket at least seven days before the flight departure.
The process to cancel a Southwest Airlines flight is within 24 hours
Southwest Airlines provides their passengers the leverage to cancel their flight booking free of cost if they make the cancellation within 24 hours of the initial booking. The process to cancel your Southwest Airlines flight has been mentioned down below:-
- Firstly, make sure to head to the official website of Southwest Airlines.
- Look for Change/Cancel & hit on it.
- Click on cancel the flight.
- Then log in using your confirmation number, first name and last name.
- Check the cancellation fees and refundable amount and hit confirm cancellation.
- The airline will review your request and cancel your flight.
- Soon you will receive a notification from the airline regarding your successful flight cancellation request.
When am I eligible to get a full refund from Southwest Airlines?
An important thing that every passenger should know is their right to ask for a refund from the airline. It is very common to observe that when a passenger changes or cancels their flight they have to pay a heavy sum of cancellation and change fees to the airline. At the same time, it is hard to see an airline refunding money to the passengers. Given below are the cases where you can raise a refund request to Southwest Airlines:-
1. If your flight was delayed for more than 4 hours airline is eligible to either refund the full amount of your flight or book you on the next flight within 24 hours.
2. If the flight was canceled by the airline due to internal disturbance or technical glitches of the aircraft you are eligible to raise a request for full refund.
3. If the flight was canceled due to weather or other issues which are not in the hands of the airline then the airline is not liable to refund you any money.
4. If you were forced to cancel your flight due to severe health issue or death then you can request the airline for a refund. The airline's executive will review your request & then they might allow for a full refund.
Question 1: Does Southwest have a free cancellation policy?
Answer: Southwest Airlines does really offer free cancellations. In order to receive a full refund a passenger must either cancel their ticket within 24 hours after making a new reservation or meet other conditions that must be listed on the airline's web page.
Question 2: How can I get a refund from Southwest Airlines?
Answer: Customers can contact Southwest Airlines' customer care representatives by phone or email to request a refund through the airline's official website. The phone numbers are listed on the Southwest Airlines website's Contact page.