What is the American Airlines cancellation policy?
In some cases, when a person booked their flight ticket on American Airline, they might get a sudden emergency or gets a medical illness for which that person wants to make flight cancellation of their booking or sometimes the airline itself cancels the passenger's flight due to some genuine reasons. In this guide, some points, terms & conditions are mentioned related to American Airlines' cancellation policy that you need to know.
What are some terms and conditions for flight cancellation on American Airlines?
You can read the below given guidelines for American Airlines flight cancellation:
- Whenever American Airlines cancels your flight due to bad weather, or national emergency or for any reason over which the airline has no control, in this case the airline will not charge any cancellation fee to cancel your booking.
- If your flights get overcrowded due to overbooking, the airline will provide you with an alternate flight. It will not charge you any cancellation fee or extra for previously booked cancellations.
- American Airlines tickets that are canceled within 24 hours of purchase & have more than two days before their departure will receive a full refund.
- People who purchase the refundable ticket will get a total refund by requesting a refund online or offline.
- Passengers with nonrefundable tickets canceling their flight after 24 hours of purchasing will not get any refund. Still, they may get the travel credit they can use for future travel purposes.
- People who booked via a travel agent must contact that agent for flight cancellation.
- Passengers having a premium cabin, premium economy & main cabin fares will not charge any cancellation fee for their nonrefundable domestic, short-haul & long haul international flights.
- Basic economic fare passengers with nonrefundable and nonchangeable tickets will not get flight credit.
- The cancellation fee on American Airlines flights is $75 to $150 on basic economy tickets.
Question 1: How can I cancel my booking on American Airlines flights?
Answer: If you want to cancel your reservation since you have some urgent work to do or your traveling companion gets sick, you can cancel the online flight. You need follow below given instructions:
- You need to visit official website of America Airlines & then go to their “my trips” option.
- Now, you must enter your booking itinerary, like the PNR number & last name.
- Then, go through your booking data & click the “cancel your booking” button.
- After that you can request a refund by submitting the refund.
- Then, you need to enter the reason for your flight cancellation.
- Click the “next” button to complete the American Airlines flight cancellation process.
- Receive a cancellation confirmation on your registered email ID from American Airlines.
Question 2: What is the alternative way to cancel an American Airlines flight?
Answer: People who cannot cancel their American Airline booking via the airline's official website can either make a phone call to the American Airlines contact center or directly visit the airline counter at the airport. If you want to call the American Airlines representative, you can use this phone number - 800-433-7300. After that can easily make a flight cancellation by providing your booking information to the airline's live agent. After that, the airline will ask questions to complete this process, so you must follow on call instructions.